Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I am Leslie Knope

Last night I dreamed...

I was hanging out at some sort of political rally that was taking place in a gymnasium or community center. And I'm not sure how, but people started mistaking me for Leslie Knope, from Parks and Recreation. And everyone was so impressed with me and was feeding me so many sweet compliments that I just played along with it.

I immediately got a ton of offers for all of these really great government positions. At one point I was sitting with someone for an interview, and they asked me to describe myself (myself being Leslie Knope) in three words. I was really flustered, so the first word I came up with was "a lotion bottle," then I panicked and said it was because I was hard on the outside, but soft on the inside (what?). The interviewer was actually super impressed with that, I have no idea why.

Then I pulled myself together and the other words I used were "organized" and "optimistic," and I just pulled examples from episodes of the show to back it up.

Everything was going so well. I started to feel guilty, because I was taking all of this credit for what Leslie had accomplished. But I rationed with myself that she hadn't bothered to show up to this political rally, so it was her own fault.

1 comment: