Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Price is Right

It's been a while since I've remembered enough of a dream to blog about!

In dreamland, I was living in a hospital with Kyle. One day, a patient, who I think was more than a little crazy, came into our room to invite us to his play. It was basically going to be him on the Price is Right for three hours. In play form. And for some reason I was totally psyched to go.

We headed to the hospital's theater (because of course these things exist), and we had to get checked out before we were allowed in. The nurse took a blood sample from me and said, "Your stackiolites are really high." Note: She did not say stackiolites, I just made that word up. I don't remember exactly what she said was high, but it definitely was not a real thing).

So when she told me that, I kind of brushed her off and said "oh, well I did cut my thumb today and lost a lot of blood," (Fun fact: I actually did give my thumb a pretty decent cut on the blade of a food processor last night. It's not stitches-worthy, but my husband  put a bandage on it and reinforced it with scotch tape).

Anyway, then someone behind me in line said "You had a baby today, too!" and I said "Oh, yeah, I did have a baby today" and someone else said "And you threw up!" and I was like "Right, I forgot about that!" (Fun fact: Neither of those things actually happened in the last 24 hours).

So the nurse gave me a weird look and said, "Are you okay?" And I said, "Well, now that you mention it, I am feeling a little woozy," and I passed out.

I woke up (not really -- in the dream) back in my hospital bed and my husband and I had to miss The Price is Right play. It was so sad.

1 comment:

  1. That is a sad dream--Price is Right is life! I'm sorrier that you missed the play than that you lived in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete