Thursday, November 12, 2015

Birthday Party

Last night I dreamed...

It was my daughter's first birthday party, and we were having it at my cousins house for some reason. I was so worried that no one was going to show up, but pretty soon we had a full house. But then I started to notice that hardly any of the people who had RSVP'd were actually there, including some pretty important people (like my brother and sister-in-law). Oh, and my daughter was yet to arrive.

The party started at noon, so when 2:00 rolled around, I told Kyle that maybe he should call his mom and see where they were (his parents were supposed to bring my daughter to the party). So he called them and they said they would be there at 3:00. And I was very upset, because people were already getting antsy and the party would definitely be over by 3:00 and my daughter would have missed the whole thing.

I had already killed a lot of time by opening all the presents, so my mom, dangerously optimistic person that she is, decided to liven things up by making up a game on the spot. Everyone was sitting at three tables. She organized the presents by "books," "toys," and "other," placing each category on a separate table. Then she would shout out a present ("BABY DOLL!") and everyone was supposed to run to the "toys" table where the baby doll was.

Bless her heart, my mom was so excited about this terrible game that no one wanted to play. She kept screaming out presents and no one would move and my mom would not give it up.

Fortunately, I woke up soon after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment